Re: Sample RFP for appraisals

Title: Sample RFP for appraisals
Please reply to the list.  Many thanks, Cathleen Baird, Houston
-----Original Message-----
From: Fitzgerald, Rebecca [mailto:rfitzger@MSMARY.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 1:50 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Sample RFP for appraisals

Does anyone on the list have a sample RFP that they have used to solicit bids to have their collections appraised for insurance purposes?  The special collections here include artwork, furniture, rugs, books, gold and silver ecclesiastical objects, textiles, etc., which all need to be appraised, but I don't have the faintest idea how to begin.  A copy of any RFP for appraisals, or any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

I looked through the listserv archives but didn't see anything relating to this topic.

Thank you so much!

Rebecca Fitzgerald, CA
Mt. St. Mary's Archives & Dept. of Special Collections
Mt. St. Mary's College & Seminary
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
301/447-5397
301/447-6868 (fax)