From: amistad [mailto:arc@tulane.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 11:10 AM
To: lbeechen@tulane.edu
Subject: Fw: Corinth, MS contraband camp

----- Original Message -----
From: amistad
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 2:56 PM
Subject: Corinth, MS contraband camp

Has anyone come across photographs taken in Corinth, MS around 1863 by Armstead and White, Armstead and Taylor, or Howard and Hall?  The National Park Service, Shiloh National Battlefield Park is searching for photographs of the Civil War contraband camp in Corinth and the troops organized there (1st and 2nd Alabama Infantry of African Descent).  The Amistad Research Center has letters from missionaries and teachers at the camp, but no photos. Thanks for your assistance.

Heidi Dodson
Reference Archivist
Amistad Research Center
arc@tulane.edu