Appropriate Letters, Resumes

Colleagues,

I am in the process of writing a cover letter in application for a position,
and am having no luck finding appropriate examples of typical important
elements to include in a letter directed to a cultural institution.

Now, I have consulted Monster.com on many other occasions, and whose "career
center" examples are fine--if one is applying for high-power,
business-jargony, "I'd like an opportunity to show you how to maximize your
ERP in your CRM" kind of job, but it doesn't fly in this field, I am quite
sure. In particular, I am interested in crafting a useful, polite yet
proactive closing statement, and am getting a headache.

Any suggestions on where to look for such examples, or advice?  (Please, if
you have advice, reply to me directly - I wouldn't want to show my "cards"!)
 If you have suggestions of good places to consult, I am sure the student
population out here would Greatly appreciate it.

Much Thanks,