Re: Arrangement Question

Just to clarify, Mrs. went to a séance and the medium 'dictated' letters from Andy, right? So they were written after Andy died. Is the medium identified by a name?  If yes to either or both of these I would create a new series.

Or, do you have any subseries under Letters from Andrew? a new subseries could be an option if you want to keep them grouped with other letters 'from' Andy.

For Example:
Letters from Andy received through medium
or
Letters from Andy channeled by medium

I don't think a voice from the spirit world talking through a medium is the same as someone dictating a letter to a secretary (which generally goes unattributed), and therefore does warrant being separated from all the other letters 'from' Andy.

Another thought, if Mrs. received other letters in this manner, you might consider a series called "communications received through medium" and then folders for each "communicant"

BTW there is an LCSH for spirit writings (for when you catalog the collection)

Jill

P.S. Nothing so intriguing has crossed my desk here...
Jill U. Jackson
Archivist
Vulcan Inc.
www.vulcan.com