Re: A Short Rant for Thursday

Title: RE: A Short Rant for Thursday

Due to some rather odd issues I've had with interns from a particular local institution, I recently made a phone call to the 'Archive Program Director'.  I asked to be taken step by step through their program and provide me with detailed course descriptions.

My findings are simply put: an archival studies program is whatever an institution wants it to be. After all, SAA guidelines are merely a suggestion until the day accreditation becomes a reality.

Now, when I interview I feel I MUST ask candidates if they've ever actually processed a collection!

Randal Luckow
DreamWorks Archive