Re: Organ Diagrams/Plans Needed

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, reynoldsg wrote:

> Hope College (Holland, MI) would like to remedy some nagging problems with its
> chapel organ, but do not possess the original diagrams for wiring, etc.

The maker of the organ might still be in business and there may very well
be a repair person around who has worked on the same model (I know the
First Congregational Church in Romeo had their Cassavant rebuilt not long
ago). Have you contacted anyone from the American Guild of Organists?
William Elliot (knows everyone in AGO) in Grand Rapids may be a useful
contact for referral.

It's all very nervous-making I know when an instrument needs repair. There
are only a few people I'd hire to work on my ophicleide or tubas.

Carole Nowicke

Carole E. Nowicke, Ph.D., M.L.S., C.P.P.
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, International Tuba-Euphonium Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>