history website

'lo all.

While looking for design ideas for my soon to be created Intranet site, I
found this one again.

http://www.firestone100.com/

If you click on "history", then "historical timeline", there's a really good
example of mixing text with images, and what I think is a fabulous design
idea.  Timelines are traditionally sideways, I think, and they took
advantage of the web's ability to accomodate design ideas.

I stole the idea (shamelessly) at my last job, and I intend to do it here as
well, and I thought it was worth revisiting for anyone thinking about the
web as an outreach medium.

There's no sign of this site anywhere on the Firestone Corporate site, but a
google search turned it up.  I guess troubles notwithstanding, they decided
not to take the site down.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu