Re: Vacancy Announcement

Paul Oelkrug wrote:
"We are all a part of what I consider to be a noble profession . . . I'll take noble and poor any day."

Can't I be noble and earning a decent wage?  I didn't come into this profession thinking I'd be a millionaire either, but most professions don't offer that option.  $17,000 a year?  Yeah, if I live in a box under the bridge.  (Acid free box with reinforced corners, of course.)

Nobility and wealth are not mutually exclusive.

My .02 cents.

---
Susan Hamson
Archivist

Othmer Library of Chemical History
Chemical Heritage Foundation
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA  19106-2702
susanh@chemheritage.org <mailto:susanh@chemheritage.org>
Voice: 215-925-2222
Fax: 215-925-6195

The views expressed here are those of the individual author only and not necessarily those of the Chemical Heritage Foundation.