Fwd: Re: candy in collections

HI all,

This got me to wondering about collections of candy.

As most of us know Coca-Cola used to be sweetened with
real sugar, now they use corn syrup.  Certainly, this
must have changed the taste some.  What I'm wondering
is do companies like Coke and Hershey's stockpile old
foodstuffs as a record of what it used to taste like,
and if they do, how do they keep it from going stale?

I think it'd be really interesting to see how candies
and other foods have changed in taste within the same
brand over time.

This probably cannot be done due to spoilage and such,
but I wonder if anyone even tries to save this as a
record of what they used to do.

Does anyone know?

Xiamen