Re: candy in collections

You know, this reminded me of a guy who was on David Letterman a number of years ago.  Although not an archivist, the guy collected prepared food in order to see how it changed over time.  (Hey, it's a living.)

He had a pretty cool collection of Jell-O, moldy bread, and fruit.  But the absolute jewel in the crown was a McDonald's cheeseburger.  This guy had a cheeseburger that was about six years old at the time and it looked like it had just been made (well, minus the steam).  No mold on the bun, the patty was pristine, and even the cheese looked . . . well . . . "new."

It was both disturbing and pretty cool at the same time.  (Hey, I was in grad school at the time.  I had no life.)

Bon appetite!
Susan

---
Susan Hamson
Archivist

Othmer Library of Chemical History
Chemical Heritage Foundation
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA  19106-2702
susanh@chemheritage.org <mailto:susanh@chemheritage.org>
Voice: 215-925-2222
Fax: 215-925-6195

The views expressed here are those of the individual author only and not necessarily those of the Chemical Heritage Foundation.