Description Standards for Graphic Art

Let me begin by saying I?m new to archives and processing collections.  I?ve been assigned the task of arranging and describing a collection of graphic art, all done by a single artist. These include advertisements, brochures, cards, and posters, so it?s mostly on paper. There?s no original artwork. It?s all either tear sheets from magazines or newspapers or single copies of items that were mass-produced.  The material will be described at the item level. What I?m wondering is, what are the standard elements of description for this type of material, and is there a standard for the order in which they are listed?  Is there somewhere I can see examples, either on the Web, or in print?  I do have access to plenty of Library Science Resources.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-P. Greene

Do You Yahoo!?