Detroit Public Library?

Hi,

I am inquiring about a collection which I have been informed is at the
Detroit Public Library.  This inquiry is for a research project.

Is there anyone on this list affiliated with the Detroit Public Library,
or who is familiar with it.

What I am searching for is a collection of material that was donated to
the library by Sr. Executives at Ford Motor Company.  It is my
understanding that these Senior Executives donated numerous items to the
library, and included in that collection where documents relating to
Ford racing and racing results, as well as trophy's and misc.
collectibles.  Sources advise that this collection may well be in a
basement at the library in storage boxes.

I would appreciate any assistance you might give me or any suggestions
relating the appropriate person to contact at the library to learn if it
is possible to research the collection.

Thank you for your time and any response.
Nancy Kendrick
Adams, NY History and Genealogy
Member Society of American Archivists
Member Florida Society of Archivists