From: "Kellams, Dina M" <dmkellam@INDIANA.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:44:48 -0500
Subject: College of Foreign Affairs/CIA prep school

I'm hoping someone out there in Archivesland will have some ideas on this
one...

I was contacted by a writer who is doing a story on a former (deceased) CIA
agent.  The writer had been told by the guy's friend that when the CIA agent
attended Indiana University, he was a student in the "College of Foreign
Affairs", a sort of "prep" school for future CIA agents.  To our knowledge,
no such College existed at IU.  According to the Office of the Registrar,
this fellow attended IU 1949-51, yet there is nothing on his record
indicating his major subject or what school/program he was in.  I'm
wondering if this was some sort of post-World War II government-sponsored
program.  Have any other university or government archivists out there heard
of such a program?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Dina