George Phillips Bond

For an article to be published this fall in the journal HISTORICAL NEW
HAMPSHIRE, we are seeking the location of a portrait image (either
photographic or any other medium) picturing Harvard astonomer George
Phillips Bond (1825-1865).  We also would appreciate any clues as to the
present location of Bond's manuscript field books and topographical
drawings, which were referred to in 1876 by Moses F. Sweetser but since then
have disappeared.  The author of the forthcoming article on Bond's work in
the White Mountains has already done extensive research at Harvard on this
subject, and the field books, etc., do not appear to be in the collections
there.   The author and I  would both greatly appreciate whatever tips any
of you can provide.

Donna-Belle Garvin
Editor
HISTORICAL NEW HAMPSHIRE