Georgia Archives Free Lecture Series

2002 LUNCH AND LEARN LECTURE SERIES

Begun in 1993, the Lunch and Learn Lecture Series is an educational program
that features prominent speakers giving brief talks on a wide variety of
historical and cultural topics.  Lectures are from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
on the second Tuesday of each month, and they take place in the Georgia
Archives auditorium, located adjacent to the main lobby.  These
presentations are free and open to the public, so please bring your lunch
and join us!  Directions to the Archives building may be found at:
http://www.sos.state.ga.us/archives/as/ggi.htm#directions

Upcoming Lectures:

July 9
City of Atlanta Resources
*Atlanta Fulton Public Library, Celeste Tibbets, Assistant Manager of the
Georgia Local and Family History Department
*Atlanta History Center, Sara Saunders, Archivist, Manuscript Collections

August 13
Metro Atlanta Resources
*Cobb County Public Library, Carolyn Crawford, Librarian, Georgia Room
*DeKalb Historical Society, Francis Overcash, Archivist
*Gwinnett Historical Society, Joye Quinn, Library Chairperson

September 10
Georgia Resources
*Augusta Genealogical Society Library, Carrie Adamson, Honorary President
*Georgia Historical Society (Savannah), Susan Dick, Director of Library and
Archives

Please note that our lecture series will be temporarily suspended from
October 2002 until July 2003 due to the move to our new building in Morrow.
Details about the new building can be found on our web site at
http://www.GeorgiaArchives.org.

Pamela W. Coleman, Public Programs Coordinator
Georgia Division of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue
Atlanta, GA  30334
404-651-6474
www.GeorgiaArchives.org