Re: Excel to Access/Finding Aids

Deb Lyon wrote:

> Shannon,
>
> I noticed your response to Amy Blaine's question about converting Excel to
> Access.  Was wondering, have you had any experience in transfering hard
> copy/typewritten finding aids to Access (or other databases) using
> SoftScan's TextBridge or Omni Page Pro?
>
> Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> bye, deb

I'm afraid that I don't.   I'm sorry :(  My experience is more in
database to database.  Have you made a request to the list?  Also, do a
search on www.deja.com, someone out there might have worked with this
stuff.

Good luck!
--
Shannon Peevey
Central Web Support

P.S.  I do know that there is a driver for text in the OLEDB driver for
SQL Server 2000... maybe there is also a text driver at the ODBC level,
(sorry, I'm on my linux box, so can't see into the driver list on a
windows machine, right now), so once you saved the scanned copy to a
text file, you can then try to import and manipulate the data into
Access, etc.  :)