typescript permission form

Our institution receives many typescripts of research papers, often because
the paper was written using our research resources or because the writer
feels the topic is of interest to us. Add to this the fact that we also have
down here in the library many papers and reports written by employees as
part of their job. Our dilemma is now that we have no idea where many of
these papers came from or why we have them.  This of course has great
implications for current researchers who are working on items that are to be
published.

I have decided that I would like to create a form to use for all papers
coming into the library from this point forward that tells the source of the
work, copyright information, etc. Has anyone else out there dealt with this
problem? I am interested in advice on how to handle the forms and on
pitfalls to avoid. I would also be interested in seeing copies of forms used
by other institutions.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kathryn Schlee
Kathryn Schlee
Librarian/Asst. Curator for Rare Books and Manuscripts
Old Salem/MESDA
924 S. Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
phone: 336.721.7372fax: 336.721.7367