Re: strange reference questions

Boy, those Confederates were a crafty army!

-----Original Message-----
From: Julia Logan [mailto:jlogan@CHARLESTONMUSEUM.ORG]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:18 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: strange reference questions

I am not making this up ....

Monday, I had a call from a woman seeking further info on a "newspaper"
article she'd read about a Confederate man who had created a nuclear bomb
but was killed before he could detonate it.  Being the astute archivist that
I am, I surmised that the "newspaper" in question was - you guessed it - the
Weekly World News.  For those of you wishing to further your education:
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/revelations_story.cfm?instanceid=388
40

Then there was the photo researcher for a publishing company that will
remain nameless, wanting a color photo of the slaves building the Santee
Canal in the late 18th century.

Julia Logan
Assistant Archivist - The Charleston Museum
360 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29403
(843) 722-2996 x244
jlogan@charlestonmuseum.org
Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy the original communication.  1