From: Dahlstrom Neil [mailto:DahlstromNeil@JOHNDEERE.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 9:35 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: strange reference questions

My favorite:

A woman asked for a color image of John Deere. We said we had none, to which
she was surprised. I provided her with several black and white images, and
she asked me again if we could provide the copies in color. When I said no,
she looked at me with a straight face and asked, "Don't you have a color
copier?"

After explaining that a color copier only copies in color when the original
image is in color, she finally understood.

Neil Dahlstrom
Reference Archivist
Deere & Company Archives
One John Deere Place