Re: Where Did Hotlinks.Com Go?

I wish I could answer this one, but if you find it necessary to rebuild
your bookmark file, here are two things you might find useful:

Save your bookmarks as an HTML file to diskette, your hard drive and/or
other media you can access periodically (you can do this with the facility
below).

Yahoo (which I hope will not soon vanish into cyberspace) will allow you to
carry your bookmarks across computers if you set up an interface using the
"Personalize" link on the top left at
www.yahoo.com

There is no cost except for the annoyance of bouncing ads, and you can
export your bookmarks to HTML files and fiddle with them as much as you
like.  It has a few limitations, but keeping bookmarks this way has been a
real benefit for me.  You don't have to have a Yahoo account to do
this.  "My Yahoo" is a personalized portal that allows you to store a set
of preferences for weather forecasts, news headlines and editorials, TV
listings, and (most important), comics!  I'm not really a fan of "portals,"
but I have used this one for over a year and have found it very valuable
for transporting bookmarks, keeping up with subject matter and figuring out
what to wear before commuting, traveling, etc., without jumping around too
much.

It does look as if the site has vanished, and given that it was a dot.com,
it may well have bombed.  If you put that site into the "Wayback Machine"
(Internet Archive at
http://www.archive.org/index.html
), there are phone numbers and a San Francisco address under "Contact Us,"
but it probably won't help.  If they've vanished, their server is down
(sold already?) and with it your bookmarks.

Arel