Re: Strange reference questions

Since my dear colleague Art Dostie didn't supply this one, it is my duty to
do so instead.  (I've already told him privately about the fellow who
accosted me in the parking lot one day, demanding to know "what the State is
going to do about two rotten houses on my road" - and who became furious
when I told him that "rotten houses" are a municipal issue.  One for his
local code enforcement officer.  This could not be true!  The State must be
able to help him, and I just didn't want to help him find the right
department!)

A number of years ago a man came up to our Search Room reference desk and
answered the archivist on duty's "May I help you?" with the following gem:

"I want to look up my posterior."

I have no idea how even our Jeff managed to keep his face straight, that
time.