Word Processors

A small historical society has some of its collection records
(inventories, etc.) on a circa 1989 Panasonic word processor. As you
would expect, this machine appears to no longer work (it only makes
horrible buzzing sounds when you turn it on). The data is on two
diskettes, but the machine will not read them, so there is no
opportunity to print out the files. I used to have a similar type
machine back in my undergrad days, and I know that the OS for these
things is nothing like that on a PC (or at least that's how it used to
be). I think it would be unlikely that there are any repair places that
would be able or willing to fix such a machine.  Does anyone here on the
list have any experience/suggestions on how to deal with this? Is there
now a way to migrate that information? Any suggestions would be helpful.
The machine in question is a Panasonic W 1505.

Lianne Hanson
College Archivist
Colby-Sawyer College
New London, NH