Re: fire code compliance

Peter and all,
I'm not certain what you do in this "archives room".  Unless this is just used as a "vault" it may not meet code for occupied space (no secondary exit).  I'd ask whether this space even meets code for its use before worrying about the sprinklers.  Just my opinion.  Dick King, University of Arizona
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:11:28 -0500, Pope, Barbara <bpope@STLCOP.EDU> wrote:

>Our archives room is a very tiny room, probably smaller than some people's
>bedrooms.  Up to now, there have been no sprinklers in the room, which is
>good, but I don't how we managed it. Our books and serials are housed in
>wooden shelves which are built into the walls.

So the shelving then is strictly along the perimeter of the room. if so then
the sprinkler heads will be situated in the middle of the room to provide
maximum coverage.