11x14 glass plate negative enclosures

Title: Message
Dear Listmembers,

We recently accessioned about 80 of these negatives and are having trouble locating pre-made four-flap enclosures for this large size. Hollinger and Metal Edge are willing to make them, but I am hoping that we can obtain them elsewhere to avoid special order pricing.

I have also seen two schools of thought on whether this large size should be stored vertically as are the smaller sizes or horizontally (of course, with very few per box).

Any leads and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Janette Gomes
Assistant Regional Archivist
Puget Sound Regional Archives
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, MS-N100