thanks for design help; query on microfiche/film/slide reader/printer vs. reader/scanner

Hello,

    First of all, many thanks to all who responded to my query on the
issue of working in a space with no operable windows. I very much
appreciate your time and expertise.

    I am querying once again, this time concerning microfiche/film
reading equipment. We are being asked to spec out a microfiche/film
reader (with printing capability) for our new facility. I have a few
questions and would appreciate your responses.

     A few issues:
- We would ideally like to get a machine which can read fiche, film, and
slides.
- Space in our new facility is at a premium.
- We need to be able to provide printing capability for the fiche/film.

QUESTIONS:
1. What are the desirable features in a microfiche/film reader?
2. Are there fiche/film readers which can also read slides? Do they work
well?
3. What are the relative merits/drawbacks of a reader with digital
capability vs. a traditional reader/printer?
4. Which models/manufacturers are most reliable?
5. Does leasing for these machines exist and, if so, what are the
relative merits/drawbacks of lease vs. purchase?

I may have completely disregarded important considerations in these
queries. Please do bring them to my attention, if you would. Once again,
we are under considerable time constraints, so speedy response will be
much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lisa Ornstein
--