Re: Ethel Barrymore

Hello -

Since I get the list on digest, this may already have been answered.

There are a number of books out about the Barrymore family.

In the early 1990s I heard a talk by one of the authors of a book about the Barrymore family:
Margot Peters, who authored THE HOUSE OF BARRYMORE, 1991, Touchstone.

I know she used a number of archival records on all of the Barrymores, including Ethel.

If you can get hold of her book, I suspect she listed her references.  You may also contact
the publisher of the book to find out the sources of her research.  I believe Ms. Peters was
on the faculty of one of the University of Wisconsin campuses at the time she wrote the
book.  Her publisher may be able to get you in touch with her personally.

Archivally yours,

Jean E. DeLauche
Librarian-Historian
Women's International Bowling Congress