Re: the gloves are off????

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:55:01 -0700, Arel Lucas <lucas@LIBRARY.UCSF.EDU>
wrote:

>Archivists should be aware of a severe medical problem with latex
>gloves--allergies.  Latex allergy is not common in the population, but
>where it is present it can be severe and even life-threatening.

Click on the following link it will take you to the search results on
AllTheWeb for 'latex allergy'

http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=web&cs=utf-
8&l=any&q=latex+allergy&phrase=on

Many cases of allergic reactions to latex occur in individuals who wear the
gloves on a daily basis such as healthcare workers. Latex is a protein
IIRC, its like an individual who works with shrimp on a daily can develop
an allergy to shrimp. I work with an individual like that once all he had
to do is touch a shrimp and he would have a severe skin rash reaction.

Peterk