And now for something completely different:

Title: And now for something completely different:

Okay, so Holly's cleaning up some OCR'd texts and she came across this one. If anyone out there working in  petrochem industry-related archives can identify this term, you win the prize (as yet undetermined beyond our aeternal gratitude).

"New Drilling Record Set!

Humble set a new drilling record in California when its first well in the Fillmore field, Caistic Junction District, was completed on July 6.

Subsequent to SPUDDING, the Filmore Operating Unit 1, Well 1, was drilled..."

Spudding?!?! Not an arcane Irish faminee's tactic for gaining sustenance...certainly not an Idahoan defense mechanism, for sure.

Time to take off the gloves, (latex, nitirile, or otherwise) get to the task at hand and help us finger this one out. We've already digitized all we can, so we can't go out on a limb to guess with this one.

Dennis "Yes, I WOULD like fries with that and could you do them up in light crude, please" Moser