Local Government Records Roundtable at SAA

I would like to invite registrants for the SAA's annual meeting in
Birmingham to attend the Local Government Records Roundtable and Leonora
Gidlund, Deputy Director of the NYC Municipal Archives, on Friday, August
23, from 4:45 - 5:45 p.m. for a presentation on the Spontaneous Memorials
created in New York City on and after the WTC attack on 9/11/01. She will
discuss how the city archives documented some of the materials and speak
about the WTC gifts sent to Mayor Giuliani from September through December.

The agenda will also include introductions of those present (a/k/a
"networking opportunities") and some discussion about who we are, what we
do, and how we can do it better.  We'll wrap up the session with an
open-ended discussion on problems, solutions, best practices, and LGRR
session proposals for Los Angeles, CA in 2003.

Feel free to bring and share information about successful records or archive
projects that your community has been engaged in.  We learn from each other.
(...and remember to bring your business cards to Birmingham!)

Paul R. Bergeron, CMC
City Clerk
229 Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060