Re: hey c'mon

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:19:32 -0400, Roby, Sydney <sroby@GOUCHER.EDU> wrote:

>this is an archives list.  Enough about food, please.

Sorry Sydney, but this is an annual ritual for the list.

Now if you want to talk about food well ARMA is meeting in N'awlins at the
end of September. Now there is a food town. Oysters (on the half-shell,
Rockefeller and fried)shwimps (cocktailed, fried, butterflied and anyother
way), po'boys, mufulatta, beignets, French market coffee and Community
coffee, jambalaya, crawfish pie, filet gumbo. Antoines, Arnauds, Lucky
Dogs, Dixie, Jax and Voodoo Beer. Hurricanes and Breakfast at Brennans. and
don't forget the Wine Spodi-o-dees <sic>, Tabasco hotsauce (and its
cuzzins), pralines, blackened redfish and maybe a turducen (if they are
ready). And I'm sure that I haven't even begun to touch on the good stuff.
Hopefully Lee Miller will pipe in with some additional items.

Peter (sitting in Richmond, home to smithfield hams, smoked shad and other
ghastly English style cooking) Kurilecz

DS - sorry I couldn't keep it kosher