Food Archives and Food History

As a compromise to the complaints, believe it or not our "off topic to
"some" posts can actually be totally on topic.

Searching "google.com" with the words "FOOD ARCHIVES" I received
2,030,000 results.  Searching "history/archives of: Vernor's, cream
soda,  History of Food" and other topics there were tons too, to include
Egg Creams.

So, in order to accommodate everyone, here are some of the better
"hits:"

Snack foods, pop, Detroit style:
History of how Vernor's was created.
http://detnews.com/history/vernors/vernors.htm

History of New York Egg Cream and "What Is An Egg Cream?"
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/eggcream.html

History of Ice Cream
http://www.sendicecream.com/hisoficecrea.html

Boston Tea Party (Yes, it came up under a food search):
http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/revolution/teaparty.htm

History and Archives of Food In Space:
http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy/astronauts/food-history.html

Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and crab cake history
http://www.esva.com/crab.htm

Culinary History Timeline
http://www.gti.net/mocolib1/kid/food1.html

History of U.S. Army Rations, 1949:
http://www.qmfound.com/history_of_rations.htm

Food Reflections - an online newsletter about food.
http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/archives.htm

Just Good Food Archives
http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/jgf/jgfarc.html

You get the idea . .. Enjoy and please pass the Egg Cream!
Nancy Kendrick
Daytona Beach, FL