Fwd: Re: Professional archivists

Thank you.  What a great resource!

From: BKA <BKA@archimac.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:36:59 +0300
To: Barbara Mathe <mathe@AMNH.ORG>
Subject: Re: Professional archivists

Hello,

Not that I disagree with you, but there are a total of 167 mailing lists on
issues related to archives, RIM and museums. For a list and detailed info
please visit my  <http://www.archimac.org/Profession/Lists/index.spml>

On 23/8/02 17:54, Barbara Mathe wrote:
>It simply never ceases to amaze me that so many members of this list have
>time for off-topic material. Since the single objection yesterday to the
>assault of messages about food on the archives list, another 23 (yes I
>counted them) appeared this morning.
>Beyond the nonsense, one of the other major topics of this listserv is
>whether archivists are given their due respect as professionals.  I would
>be embarrassed to have our profession judged by the discourse on this list.
>If there were another list available which limited discussion to
>professional archival matters, I'd unsubscribe from this list in a second
>but I remain because this is the only list we have.

--------------------------------
Greetings from Istanbul, Turkiye
Bekir Kemal Ataman
ArchiMac BBS Sysop & Webmaster
<http://www.archimac.org/>

Barbara Mathé
Museum Archivist and Head of Library Special Collections

American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79 Street
New York, New York 10024
(212) 769-5419