Re: re spam: Assistance

Title: RE: re spam: Assistance

Yes, and I did what I do with all e-mails whose sender or subject I don't recognize .... I deleted it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lesley W. Brunet [mailto:lwbrunet@MAIL.MDANDERSON.ORG]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 11:05 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: re spam: Assistance

Did anyone else get this strange letter?

---------------------- Forwarded by Lesley W. Brunet/MDACC on 08/26/2002 10:04
AM ---------------------------

"Mrs. Mairo Al'mustapha" <mairo25@myself.com> on 08/24/2002 03:44:00 PM

To:   lwbrunet@mail.mdanderson.org
cc:    (bcc: Lesley W. Brunet/MDACC)

Subject:  Assistance

Mrs. Mairo Hamza Al'Mustapha
#12, Alhaji Sheu Danbaba Avenue
Off Airport Road
Kano State
Nigeria

I have decided to write to you to help me because I can no longer cope with my
problems on my own. I need you to help me in the name of Almighty Allah, the
beneficent and merciful. I know you can assist me if only you are prepared to
understand. I am very much interested in you and your nationality and would like
to trust you and work with you.

I am Mairo Hamza Al' Mustapha, wife of detained Major Hamza Al'Mustapha, the
Chief Security Officer to late General Sani, a past Head of State of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria. Since the death of the said Head of State, my husband has
been incarcerated and is presently facing trial for the crimes committed by his
administration. He is being punished for the crimes of the office he occupied.
The charges against him are so much that I greatly fear for his life.

Since that time my family has been subjected to several persecutions by the
government of the day. All my husband's money and properties have been
confiscated and his bank accounts frozen. I have also  made numerous attempts to
travel out of the country with the money my husband kept in our country home,
but it was seized before I could conclude arrangements. This actually gave me
serious psychological problems.

As a result of these problems, I decided to tactically move some of the funds
through my  trusted lawyer, Barrister Morris Eze and deposited it with a Finance
and Security House here who in turn moved it to their head office in Europe. We
did this without the knowledge of the government. These funds are in a total of
USD$18.0m (Eighteen Million United States Dollars) sealed in security boxes and
kept in a deposit vault.

Presently I cannot travel out of the country because the government has since
confiscated my passport and also because my husband needs my support at his
ongoing trial for the malicious allegations against him for the crimes committed
by his office and administration.

It is in the light of the above that I am compelled to solicit for your kind
assistance in helping me claim the funds from the security company in Europe and
keep same safe for me in a good business investment.  l  know you would wonder
why l  am not soliciting for assistance from well placed  Nigerians, it's really
sad. You see, all my husband's 'friends' whom we have asked for assistance
absconded
with our money, later returned and used it to win the gubernatorial election in
my country and are now powerful and untouchable figures. Deceit, hatred and
greed are the order of the day in Nigeria. This disgraceful act by Nigerians has
made it necessary for me to seek foreign assistance.

For your assistance, I hereby authorize you to deduct 10% of the $18.0m after
you have claimed the money from the Finance and Security House. This shall serve
as your commission; please note that all expenses that you may personally incur
in the process would be returned to you as soon as you have claimed and cleared
the consignment from the Finance House.

Since I am constantly watched by Security agents and my movement is somehow
retstricted, I have directed my lawyer, Barrister Morris Eze to handle this
business with you. If you should find it in your heart to help me, please email,
phone or fax your response directly to him on Telephone number +234-803-7200-944
or fax number +234-1-759-3888. His email address is: lawyereze@mail.gr and he
will direct you on how to collect the funds from Europe for safe keeping.  Also
enclose your telephone and fax numbers to enable him send you an agreement that
you must sign as an assurance for me that my family's money would be well taken
care of by you.

Once again, I want to appeal to you in the name of the God you serve to
sincerely and honestly render this assistance to me and to also treat this
information with utmost confidentiality as I would not want the funds to be
confiscated by those in authority because that would be the final shock of our
lives.

Kindly include your fax number to enable us fax the relevant documents with
which you shall proceed to claim the cionsignment from the Finance House in
Europe.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mairo Al'Mustapha