From: "Jason T. Larson" <jason.larson@TCH.HARVARD.EDU>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: creepy symbolism

Those of us with a background in classics might remember that the
Swastika was a favorite symbol in the Aegean, particularly during the
Mycenaean and Geometric periods (roughly 1350 - 700 BC). Just about any
museum with a decent collection of Mycenaean/Geometric pottery is
probably going to have a couple of them decorating the pots.

--
Jason T. Larson
Hospital Archivist