municipal archives - new resources

This message is sent on behalf of Brian Masschaele, Chair of the Municipal
Archives Interest Group of the Archives Association of Ontario, Canada
(AAO):

It is my pleasure to announce the launch of a number of web-based resources
for municipal archives.  In particular, I am pleased to announce the launch
of a new publication entitled "Resource Guide and Directory to Municipal
Archives in Ontario" (2002).  This on-line publication is both a directory
and advocacy tool, addressing matters such as the importance of a municipal
archival program, the legislative context of municipal records, elements of
a sound program and selected institutional profiles.  A comprehensive
directory then follows.

On behalf of MAIG, I would like to acknowledge the financial assistance of
the Government of Ontario's Management Board Secretariat through the
Archives of Ontario in support of this publication.  I would also like to
thank our consultant and author, Mr. Mark Walsh, for his excellent work.

The aforementioned directory and other MAIG documents can be viewed on-line
in PDF format by visiting the AAO's homepage at http://aao.fis.utoronto.ca
by clicking on "Special Interest Groups", then "MAIG".