Archival Job Descriptions (and a practical ?)

Once more I'm picking the wonderful collective brain!

We may be acquiring the papers of a high-level politician which,
when added to the already substantial backlog of US and state
pols' collections we already have, might require an expansion
of our staff.  Specifically, we may hire a -certified archivist- whose
main responsibility would be the processing of these materials.

I've done some googling, and also found some comparable job
descriptions on the very fine SAA website, but I was wondering
if anyone here could supply citations to, or examples of,  job
descriptions of this nature.  (We're a large urban state u, and
the position would be under me as head of special collections.)

Also, and this is just a question for discussion . . . one of the
suggestions was that we contract with someone in DC to make
a preliminary assessment and inventory before the stuff is
shipped here.  Other than the practical problem of finding
someone qualified and the timing issue, does this sound reasonable,
or is it adding too many cooks?

This is totally new ground for me, so any suggestions are
welcome.  TIA!

Ed Frank
U of Memphis Libraries