Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- December 30th, 2015, 1:08 pm
- Forum: Koine Greek Texts
- Topic: Arrian's Discourses of Epictetus, Arrian's Introduction
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5841
I recently picked up the Loeb Classical Library's edition of Arrian's Discourses of Epictetus , and I found even the first Greek sentence to have peculiar elements (to me). I was working these things out, and I wanted to be sure my thinking was correct here. The sentences reads as follows: οὔτε συνέ...
- November 24th, 2015, 5:23 pm
- Forum: Septuagint and Pseudepigrapha
- Topic: נזר - "crown" βασίλειον, ἁγίασμα and νεζερ
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1569
In considering the translation of נזר (nzr) as "holiness" or as "crown", is my thinking sound? I think this is almost accurate, but I think there is an important distinction to be made. I wouldn't say that נזר (nzr) means either of those things, but rather it conveys the concept of something that i...