Search found 231 matches
I'm still not entirely following the logic of the proposed interpretation referenced in the original post. The significance of the get (βιβλίον ἀποστασίου) is to free the divorced woman for remarriage. For the husband to dismiss his wife without granting her the legal paperwork leaves her in a very...
- April 14th, 2018, 12:56 am
- Forum: Church Fathers and Patristic Greek Texts
- Topic: Grammatical question about Barnabas 4:9.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 552
Hard to tell without context, but normally the use of an adjective for an abstract concept is in the neuter. Could 'black one' in context refer to Satan?
- April 12th, 2018, 10:15 pm
- Forum: Greek Language and Linguistics
- Topic: ἡγιασμένος (Perfect participle of holy/sanctified/ἁγιάζω)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 861
I think the temporal aspect of the perfect participle is relative to the future tense main verb. The action of the participle precedes the action of the main verb. At some point in the future the action of ἡγιασμένον occurs, and at a yet subsequent point the state described by ἔσται becomes a realit...