Search found 256 matches
- October 3rd, 2018, 5:27 pm
- Forum: Other
- Topic: Imperatives and encouragement
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17302
Your audio book author is one of those hyper-literalists who latch onto a term like imperative and make foolish observations. The imperative mood simply indicates that the speaker/writer wants the hearer/reader to do something. It can have the nuance of a request, an exhortation, a military-style or...
- September 5th, 2018, 1:11 am
- Forum: What does this text mean?
- Topic: The Genitive affect upon δικαιοσύνης
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1438
I am asking if the genitive in righteousness can be translated as "your righteousness" since it is possessive and Paul is addressing people. No, you can't. The use of a genitive as the object of a preposition does not include any of the senses the case normally carries. It's just the object of δια....
- August 19th, 2018, 7:36 pm
- Forum: New Testament
- Topic: Construing the participle in 2 Corinthians 8:9
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2436
Do you mean parallelism? I've always understood apposition as describing two words/phrases which specify the same referent.
Whatever the nomenclature, thanks for pointing out this structure.