βαπτίζω with prepositions

Semantic Range, Lexicography, and other approaches to word meaning - in general, or for particular words.
jeffreyrequadt

βαπτίζω with prepositions

Post by jeffreyrequadt »

Can anyone refer me to a detailed study(ies) on βαπτίζω and its cognates, specifically as used with prepositions? I do not have access to BDAG at this time, but you are welcome to scan/copy its entries and send them to me. Anything else is welcome as well.

Jeff Requadt
Jeffrey T. Requadt
Tucson, AZ
Jason Hare

Re: βαπτίζω with prepositions

Post by Jason Hare »

jeffreyrequadt wrote:Can anyone refer me to a detailed study(ies) on βαπτίζω and its cognates, specifically as used with prepositions? I do not have access to BDAG at this time, but you are welcome to scan/copy its entries and send them to me. Anything else is welcome as well.

Jeff Requadt
You might look here and here. You need to have the GraecaII font installed on your system to read it (it's not Unicode). It's an older version of BDAG, and it might answer your question.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
GarySimmons

Post by GarySimmons »

I will note that Everett Ferguson's Baptism in the Early Church also covers this issue in the first chapter, though the book itself is not strictly focused on linguistics.

[ Gary - I fixed the formatting of this post. The software does not recognize HTML, but BBCode is somewhat similar. Try to preview your posts before submitting to make sure that everything turns out like you intended it. I also deleted the duplicate of this post. Regards, Jason Hare ]
jeffreyrequadt

Post by jeffreyrequadt »

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a copy.
Jeffrey T. Requadt
Tucson, AZ

Return to “Word Meanings”