Greek Vocab Flashcards with Pictures

Resources and methods for teaching and learning New Testament Greek.
Michael W Abernathy

Re: Greek Vocab Flashcards with Pictures

Post by Michael W Abernathy » October 3rd, 2015, 11:21 am

If you want to look at a resource to give you an idea how to put this list together see languagecourse.net and look up their vocabulary trainer. Their Greek course is Modern Greek but they include pronunciation and images for most if not all words. This might give you some idea how to illustrate the more abstract words.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy

Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie » October 3rd, 2015, 1:10 pm

Michael W Abernathy wrote:If you want to look at a resource to give you an idea how to put this list together see languagecourse.net and look up their vocabulary trainer. Their Greek course is Modern Greek but they include pronunciation and images for most if not all words. This might give you some idea how to illustrate the more abstract words.
For time-related words, at least, it does a great job of making abstract things concrete. This is cool.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

David Carruth

Post by David Carruth » October 4th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Horace Knowles has some great sketches used for Bible publications. I believe they are published by the British and Foreign Bible Society. Such illustrations would be excellent, though they are copyrighted. If there was a similar set of illustrations that were creative commons licensed, I would venture to say that we create a set of flashcards having most vocabulary and ideas we need. Does anyone know of creative common licensed Biblical images?

David Carruth

Post by David Carruth » October 4th, 2015, 11:30 pm

While not limited to biblical ideas and vocab, Lexicarry is a great tool for language acquisition: http://www.lexicarry.com/ . Similar pictures with audio recordings could be excellent for students.
Just another idea.
David

Danny Zacharias

Post by Danny Zacharias » December 9th, 2015, 10:33 am

David Carruth wrote:Hi all,
Does anyone have flashcard decks for Greek vocab that include pictures (and possibly audio)? I've seen a few discussions on this forum about creating such resources but I've yet to find a completed project. Do you have any suggestions for finding such a resource?
David
I have an app for that, though I'm not sure it is exactly what you're looking for. http://www.dannyzacharias.net/flashgreek/