Learning Greek - completly at the start ...

Resources and methods for teaching and learning New Testament Greek.
Mark Richard

Learning Greek - completly at the start ...

Post by Mark Richard »

I'm completely at the start of learning Koine Greek, I know only how to repeat a little of the Greek alphabet. I am focussed to learn Koine Greek to a very high level and feel the Lord has called me to do this. Am looking at potentially giving 4-6 hours a day or more....nigh on every day to dedicated study of koine greek with the aim of a very high level of proficiency in Koine Greek.

I've looked fairly well into what I need in terms of academic book resources and am focussing solely on books as the resource, circumstances may not permit anything else!

This is the book list/vocab cards is as follows, I for some advise on my book list as to is this the right selection and will it see me through to a very high levcel of proficiency/mastery of Koine Greek?

1) Basics of Biblical Greek Workbook (Edition 3 Workbook) by Mounce, William D - ISBN 0310287677

2) Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar 3rd ed - ISBN 0310287685

3) A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek - ISBN 0310205824

4) Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament - ISBN 0310218950

5) A Workbook for New Testament Syntax: Companion to Basics of New Testament Syntax and Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics - ISBN 0310273897

6) Biblical Greek Exegesis: A Graded Approach to Learning Intermediate and Advanced Greek - ISBN 0310212464

7) Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides) Pamphlet - ISBN 0310262941

8) Basics of Biblical Greek: Vocabulary Cards (Zondervan Vocabulary Builder) (Zondervan Vocabulary Builder Series) - ISBN 0310259878

9) The New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible - ISBN 1418541680 (For a Greek Bible Dictionary & Bible Study)

I wondered if others would agree on this being a suitable list from beginer learner to expert, are there any other books people would recommend in place or in addition to this?

Your help is much appreciated.

In Christ,

Mark

Return to “Teaching and Learning Greek”