What next?

Resources and methods for teaching and learning New Testament Greek.
Adrian Gear

What next?

Post by Adrian Gear »

Hello all! I'm pretty new to this forum (my Introduction is still at the top position of the page at the time of writing this), so please bear with me.
I learned NT Greek in 9th grade, did Wallace's ExSyn the following year, and since have been working on reading the Greek New Testament (a marvelous experience!). Now, I'm in 12th grade and am starting to approach finishing the Greek NT, so I'm not sure what to do after that. I've been considering incorporating the GNT into daily devotions and waiting for college/seminary to deepen my study, expanding to extrabiblical literature (patristics, LXX, etc.), or intensively studying vocab (I really don't want to do this, but it would make reading so much easier). I've even played around with the idea of doing a research project (I really love all the speeches in Acts), though I think I don't have the experience and the wisdom to "rightly divide the word of truth" at this stage in my life.
What do you think? What has helped you deepen your appreciation for the Bible through your study of Greek?
Thanks!
Adrian Gear
Jonathan Robie

Re: What next?

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Adrian Gear wrote: August 17th, 2023, 8:26 pm I've been considering incorporating the GNT into daily devotions
Absolutely.

And also, just read and listen, the more the better. If you have YouVersion on your cell phone, you can read and listen at the same time, using a modern pronunciation. Choose "BYZ04".

Screenshot_20230818-115259.png
Screenshot_20230818-115259.png (211.83 KiB) Viewed 7806 times

You can find the entire LXX with audio here:

https://live.bible.is/bible/ELLAPE/MAT/ ... type=audio
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 12.04.07.png
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 12.04.07.png (457.8 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
davissgurban@gmail.com

Re: What next?

Post by davissgurban@gmail.com »

Make the Greek New Testament a part of your daily spiritual routine. It'll enrich your spiritual experience and keep your language skills sharp.
Expand your reading to include patristic writings, the Septuagint, and other ancient Greek texts. Diving into different genres will deepen your understanding of the language and its historical context.
Don't fear vocabulary study! Dive into words within their contexts. Create flashcards with sentences from the New Testament to understand how words come to life in real situations.
I like read books

Return to “Teaching and Learning Greek”