ἀκούσατε τῇ ἀναγνώσει

Nikolaos Adamou

ἀκούσατε τῇ ἀναγνώσει

Post by Nikolaos Adamou »

http://www.bible.is/GRKEPT/Matt/1

The New Testament of the Antoniades edition from the 1904 publication read in clear Greek.
Both the text and the voice.
Jonathan Robie

Re: ἀκούσατε τῇ ἀναγνώσει

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Nikolaos Adamou wrote:http://www.bible.is/GRKEPT/Matt/1

The New Testament of the Antoniades edition from the 1904 publication read in clear Greek.
Both the text and the voice.
Very nice! Do you know if there's a way to download the audio? I'd love to put it on my MP3 player ...
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Mark Lightman

Post by Mark Lightman »

ἔγραψεν Νικάλος: ἀκούσατε τῇ ἀναγνώσει
χάιροις, φίλτατε. πῶς ἔχεις?

ἤκουσα δὴ ἅμα ἀναγιγνώσκων τοὺς λὀγους. ὠφελιμώτερον δέ μοι τὸ ἀκούειν χωρὶς τῆς ἀναγνώσεως. δύναμαι γὰρ μᾶλλον προσεχεὶν ταῖς φωναῖς. ἰδὲ, παρακαλῶ, τοῦτο.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-gr ... 50853.html

βούλομαι δή σε χαρήσεσθαι.
[/size]
Nikolaos Adamou

Jonathan
It is available also as an app for an iphone, ipad, android, and allows one to download a file as well as to listen via wifi.
this site has voice files in many languages, including Latin, and my daughter practices her Latin this way.

Mark,
I am glad you like it.
I am even happier that you write in my language to me as well.

This is not a professional work, taped by Apostolos Vavylis, during his repentance, providing thus a great service to us all. This is the way that an average Greek today would read the text of the Bible. If one pays attention, punctuation is not kept always, there are some alterations between commas and semicolon in the reading, and some times final sigma or nu are not pronounced.

But is clear, like Zodiates record in the past, and it is the Antoniades text of 1904, that serves as the authentic version of the Orthodox Church.

Having Bible.is posted this, makes a grate service to all of us Greeks, since there is a text in a form that we are very familiar. In that sense, we feel included and not isolated. On the other hand, provides an opportunity, to all of you to become familiar with out traditional sound.

I have an intend to start commending on the variations and errors in the reading, and if I can attach sound files to the postings, to provide should evidence from real life, both in Greece as well as in the US, from native as well as non native speakers.
Nikolaos Adamou

Jonathan
It is available also as an app for an iphone, ipad, android, and allows one to download a file as well as to listen via wifi.
this site has voice files in many languages, including Latin, and my daughter practices her Latin this way.

Mark,
I am glad you like it.

This is not a professional work, taped by Apostolos Vavylis, during his repentance, providing thus a great service to us all. This is the way that an average Greek today would read the text of the Bible. If one pays attention, punctuation is not kept always, there are some alterations between commas and semicolon in the reading, and some times final sigma or nu are not pronounced.

But is clear, like Zodiates record in the past, and it is the Antoniades text of 1904, that serves as the authentic version of the Orthodox Church.

Having Bible.is posted this, makes a grate service to all of us Greeks, since there is a text in a form that we are very familiar. In that sense, we feel included and not isolated. On the other hand, provides an opportunity, to all of you to become familiar with out traditional sound.

I have an intend to start commending on the variations and errors in the reading, and if I can attach sound files to the postings, to provide should evidence from real life, both in Greece as well as in the US, from native as well as non native speakers.
Mark Lightman

Post by Mark Lightman »

Niko: Mark,
I am glad you like it.
κἀγὼ ἀγαπητέ. ἡ γὰρ γλῶσσα σοῦ γλῶττα μοῦ.

Return to “Pronunciation”