Beginning Greek - syllabi, Learning Objectives, etc.

Shirley Rollinson

Beginning Greek - syllabi, Learning Objectives, etc.

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

I've been asked to serve on a committee (dread word) to come up with a "Common Course Naming and Numbering system" for Beginning Greek courses in New Mexico - and for that they want syllabi, Learning Objectives, etc.
It would be a great help if those of you who are teaching, or who have taught, some sort of Ancient/Attic/Classical/Homeric/New Testament/Biblical/ koine/Hellenic Greek could send me any syllabi, schedules, and Learning Objectives that you use. Or if there's sufficient interest we could maybe discuss them on B-Greek.
The "Beginning Greek" courses are envisaged as being for College/University students who have no prior knowledge of Greek. One of the first snags we've come up against is that different Universities have different numbers of credit-hours for the Intro courses - anywhere from 3 to 5 credit hours, and all the above descriptions of "Greek" are used with abandon. Herding Cats :-)
Thank you so much
Shirley Rollinson
Paul-Nitz

Re: Beginning Greek - syllabi, Learning Objectives, etc.

Post by Paul-Nitz »

Shirley, I don't have anything already written that would serve, but since I just now studying curriculum/syllabus writing, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot for practice. I assume that the course will be using Grammar-Translation Method. That makes it quite easy. I would need more detail, though. One curriculum could not possibly fit it all. Standards might, though.
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi

Return to “Other”