RP 2010 as cheap print edition available

Lexicons, Grammars, Reading Guides, History, Culture, and Background
Peter Streitenberger

RP 2010 as cheap print edition available

Post by Peter Streitenberger »

Dear friends,

in front of me: The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005/2010. Two editions are available: A) for 9,95$ or B) for 11,95$. I got and prefer the cheaper one, that has the advantage, that no NA readings are in the Text with brackets (as in the other edition), so a fluent reading of God's Word is possible. Some minor points: Sometimes additional Space is between some lines, but that causes no further problems. See features at e.g. Amazon or elsewhere. An App is available as well.
Yours Peter
RandallButh

Re: RP 2010 as cheap print edition available

Post by RandallButh »

Someone made a copy for me as a gift, 7" x 4.5" x 7/8," soft back. It's quite nice. It is the Byz (R-P) text that has notes for NA/UBS alternative readings, though the appendix (and preface) is not included. I would be interested in picking up a few copies if easily done.

It is nice to have a copy of the NT as preserved in Greek speaking areas. I've sometimes commented that the best text is probably somewhere between Patmos and Alexandria. Maurice's appendix is a helpful balance to standard fare in Text Critical classes.
RandallButh

Post by RandallButh »

Peter,
I tried to respond to your PM twice, but the @#$%^&* system catches them in the Outbox for some reason.
Please send your email to randallbuth@gmail.com and I can respond.
תודה εὐχαριστῶ
Peter Streitenberger

Post by Peter Streitenberger »

On my desk now, arrived 4 hours ago:

The Greek New Testament for Beginning Readers: Byzantine Textform 2016 & Verb Parsing
34,95 $. Features: New and updated Text, good binding (someone told nonsense on that on Amazon - my one is as good as gold, a feature that justifies the price). To quote the short description: "A readable, non-italic font for the main body of Greek text • Footnotes containing brief definitions of words occurring less than fifty times • Word frequency counts to help the reader decide if a word should be memorized • Footnotes showing how to parse all verbs occurring less than fifty times • An alphabetized list of all other verb forms with parsing information • A lexicon showing proper names and all words occurring fifty times or more"

About 780 pages.

Yours Peter

Return to “Books”