Greek Study App

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.
Jeff

Greek Study App

Post by Jeff »

Χαίρετε

I came across this site while doing some research for a software project that I am working on. It's called the Greek New Testament Study App, and I wrote it to help students read the Greek New Testament and study Koine Greek. I'm getting my MDiv online, and since I have a degree in Classical Greek, I have not struggled with the Greek exegesis classes. But I saw that my classmates, who had only a single year of Greek, certainly did. I was helping one of my classmates with an assignment, and she said to me, "this class (Greek exegesis, Greek III) makes me think that I will never learn to read the Greek New Testament."

So I decided to create a program/app that would help students learn Koine and read the New Testament in Greek. It runs on all major operating systems - Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can find links to everything at my website - http://claypotfrog.com. Or on mobile you can search for "Greek Study App" in your device's app store. The program is free and open-source.

Bug reports, typos, comments, suggestions, etc. are all welcome. Most of the good ideas in the program have come from people using it and writing me telling me what doesn't work or ideas and suggestions for new features. So try it out, and please let me know if you find any issues or have any ideas for improvements.

μετ' εὐχαριστίας
Jeff Jansen
http://claypotfrog.com
Jason Hare

Re: Greek Study App

Post by Jason Hare »

Jeff wrote: August 28th, 2024, 10:14 pm Χαίρετε

I came across this site while doing some research for a software project that I am working on. It's called the Greek New Testament Study App, and I wrote it to help students read the Greek New Testament and study Koine Greek. I'm getting my MDiv online, and since I have a degree in Classical Greek, I have not struggled with the Greek exegesis classes. But I saw that my classmates, who had only a single year of Greek, certainly did. I was helping one of my classmates with an assignment, and she said to me, "this class (Greek exegesis, Greek III) makes me think that I will never learn to read the Greek New Testament."

So I decided to create a program/app that would help students learn Koine and read the New Testament in Greek. It runs on all major operating systems - Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can find links to everything at my website - http://claypotfrog.com. Or on mobile you can search for "Greek Study App" in your device's app store. The program is free and open-source.

Bug reports, typos, comments, suggestions, etc. are all welcome. Most of the good ideas in the program have come from people using it and writing me telling me what doesn't work or ideas and suggestions for new features. So try it out, and please let me know if you find any issues or have any ideas for improvements.

μετ' εὐχαριστίας
Hi, Jeff. I’m replying to bump your post for other people’s attention. I’m doing the last touches of cleaning up right now.
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Software”