New website with ancient Greek works: TextCritical.net

Bible Study software, Unicode, Fonts, Keyboards, creating Web pages in Greek, and other software issues.

New website with ancient Greek works: TextCritical.net

Postby LukeMurphey » December 15th, 2012, 5:17 pm

I'm working on a new website with the objective or provided a modern interface to Greek works. I was hoping to get the word and get some feedback regarding features you would like to see.

I would like to offer many of the features available in apps such as Logos on a free website. The first version is available at http://textcritical.net/.

I'm adding work parsing at the moment and the ability to view the original languages and an English translation side-by-side.

Long-term plans including offering features such as:

• eBook creation: ability to create eBooks of selected works. May provide the ability to make "reader's editions" that include the definitions and/or parsing of Greek words inline (e.g. "make me an ebook of Josephi Vita with definitions for all words that occur 10 times or less").
  • Vocabulary tool: that allows readers to view the most common words in a given text so that you can build up your vocabulary
  • Word use research: ability to do an analysis of a word to determine if the word or phrase is commonly used by the author or other authors, etc.
  • Crowd-sourced parsing: so that readers of the site can select sections of text and agree to provide parsing data beyond that which automated analysis can do (like associating pronouns to the subject/object).

LukeMurphey

Re: New website with ancient Greek works: TextCritical.net

Postby John Samson » December 22nd, 2012, 10:10 am

This looks great. Can't wait for the additions (particularly the word-search function).
John Samson

Re: New website with ancient Greek works: TextCritical.net

Postby LukeMurphey » December 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm

I just uploaded the new version to the server which adds morphological parsing of Greek words. The parsing page is a little slow at the moment but performance will be improved soon once the database indexing is performed.
LukeMurphey

Return to Software