Patrologia Graece Migne

Mike Baber

Patrologia Graece Migne

Post by Mike Baber »

I'm not sure if this has been posted before.

I've seen links to scanned images of PGM on the internet. But, you know, when you want to copy-and-paste some Greek text from PGM for a paper, well, that's not exactly possible with scanned PDF images. So, I came upon this link one day that had PDFs with actual Greek text rather than scanned images of PGM.

Again, someone else may have already found this link. If so, please delete. If not, well, save this if you wish. I thought it was like discovering a treasure. :D

http://khazarzar.skeptik.net/pgm/PG_Migne/
MAubrey

Re: Patrologia Graece Migne

Post by MAubrey »

These look like the same versions of these texts that were stole from TLG a while back, if I remember correctly. If so, then they're there illegally.

Maybe someone else would be able to confirm that...
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Mike Baber

Post by Mike Baber »

MAubrey wrote:These look like the same versions of these texts that were stole from TLG a while back, if I remember correctly. If so, then they're there illegally.

Ah, if that's the case, then my apology. I wasn't trying to promote stolen material on the internet.
NathanSmith

Post by NathanSmith »

MAubrey wrote:These look like the same versions of these texts that were stole from TLG a while back, if I remember correctly. If so, then they're there illegally.

I spot checked 2 PDFs, and both had the following footer:
Εργαστήριο ∆ιαχείρισης Πολιτισμικής Κληρονομιάς, www.aegean.gr/culturaltec/chmlab.
Πανεπιστήμιο Αιγαίου, Τμήμα Πολιτισμικής Τεχνολογίας και Επικοινωνίας, © 2006.
The URL results in a 404 error, but that should at the very least help establish the provenance.
MAubrey

Post by MAubrey »

Yep! That's the stuff stolen from the TLG:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-gr ... 46615.html
Carl W. Conrad wrote:In a brief thread of May 11, 2007 it was announced that a website at the University of the Aegean is making accessible Greek patrological texts -- presumably Migne's Patrologia Graeca. I have been informed by Maria Pantelia of the TLG that the texts made available at the site in question have been illegally copied from the TLG CD ROM. The texts in question have been digitized by TLG and are copyrighted material. However attractive that site may appear to be, I think that B-Greekers should be aware of this situation.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Devenios Doulenios

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Which version of Migne was it that somebody here said had parallel Latin versions? If it is the TLG, do you know if the bilingual ones are available in the TLG demo version? That's the only one I have access to.

Δεβένιος Δουλένιος
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'
MAubrey

Post by MAubrey »

Devenios Doulenios wrote:Which version of Migne was it that somebody here said had parallel Latin versions? If it is the TLG, do you know if the bilingual ones are available in the TLG demo version? That's the only one I have access to.
As for as I know, the only Greek-Latin parallel texts are original page scans, not digitized texts. But I can't say for sure. I haven't spent much time digging for Migne texts. Minimally, I can say that the TLG does not contain Latin translations.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
ed krentz

Post by ed krentz »

The entire Migne Patrologia Graeca is available on line in PDF format on the Documenta Catholica Omnia website. The Greek text has a parallel Latin translation. Both the 220 volumes oif the Latin and the 160 some of the Greek are long out of copyright.

Google Migne Patrologia Graeca and you will get to the web site.

Ed Krentz
Edgar Krentz
Prof. Emeritus of NT
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
Devenios Doulenios

Post by Devenios Doulenios »

Thanks, Ed. I have used the site but it has been a while since I visited. I am glad to know about the bilingual editions since I am also learning more Latin. My devotional New Testament readings include both the Greek and the Latin texts (Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece et Latine), and the audio of both from www.bible.is and www.greeklatinaudio.com. I have also started listening to Louis Sorenson's Psalms audio and some Vulgate Psalms (www.vocealta.info).

Δεβένιος
Dewayne Dulaney
Δεβένιος Δουλένιος

Blog: https://letancientvoicesspeak.wordpress.com/

"Ὁδοὶ δύο εἰσί, μία τῆς ζωῆς καὶ μία τοῦ θανάτου."--Διδαχή Α, α'

Return to “Seen on the Web”