Concordance including all the versions?

Tell us about interesting projects involving biblical Greek. Collaborative projects involving biblical Greek may use this forum for their communication - please contact jonathan.robie@ibiblio.org if you want to use this forum for your project.
Stephen Hughes
Posts: 3332
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 7:12 am

Re: Concordance including all the versions?

Post by Stephen Hughes » June 15th, 2016, 7:05 am

How does your algorithm deal with the extra ΤΑΥ in Codex Vaticanus in John 11:11 (659v, col.3, l.21)?

In the third column here.

The website for the manuscripts is presently http://greekcntr.org/
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)

Alan Bunning
Posts: 218
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 7:31 am
Contact:

Re: Concordance including all the versions?

Post by Alan Bunning » June 15th, 2016, 7:26 am

Stephen Hughes wrote:How does your algorithm deal with the extra ΤΑΥ in Codex Vaticanus in John 11:11 (659v, col.3, l.21)?

In the third column here.

The website for the manuscripts is presently http://greekcntr.org/
Right now it has it identified as an errant form of ουτοσ. I suppose I could just code it as an error. Do you have an alternative suggestion?

Stephen Hughes
Posts: 3332
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 7:12 am

Re: Concordance including all the versions?

Post by Stephen Hughes » June 15th, 2016, 11:41 am

Alan Bunning wrote:
Stephen Hughes wrote:How does your algorithm deal with the extra ΤΑΥ in Codex Vaticanus in John 11:11 (659v, col.3, l.21)?

In the third column here.

The website for the manuscripts is presently http://greekcntr.org/
Right now it has it identified as an errant form of ουτοσ. I suppose I could just code it as an error. Do you have an alternative suggestion?
Do you have a range of error codes to assign errors to different classes?
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)

Alan Bunning
Posts: 218
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 7:31 am
Contact:

Re: Concordance including all the versions?

Post by Alan Bunning » June 15th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Stephen Hughes wrote:
Alan Bunning wrote:
Stephen Hughes wrote:How does your algorithm deal with the extra ΤΑΥ in Codex Vaticanus in John 11:11 (659v, col.3, l.21)?

In the third column here.

The website for the manuscripts is presently http://greekcntr.org/
Right now it has it identified as an errant form of ουτοσ. I suppose I could just code it as an error. Do you have an alternative suggestion?
Do you have a range of error codes to assign errors to different classes?
I don't currently, but that is not a bad idea.

Stephen Hughes
Posts: 3332
Joined: February 26th, 2013, 7:12 am

Re: Concordance including all the versions?

Post by Stephen Hughes » June 15th, 2016, 9:04 pm

It is not something that you need to think through from scratch. There are standard names for scribal errors which you could use as the basis for your error classification codes too. I think this one would be classified as "dittography".
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest